Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Blog Action is Art Action Challenge

This new painting is not only still wet, but it is saving lives! No, not because its wet or because its about water. Its because I am taking action to create this in hopes it will bring water to millions. Every year there are people who die due to lack of clean drinking water. Water is a natural resource that we seem to be taking for granted. I know you've heard it all before, but it needs to be heard. I am participating in "Blog Action Day 2010" from Change.org and "Art Action Day 2010" created by Cory Huff of The Abundant Artist.

I am using my talents in creating art to try and make a difference. Not just for today, but everyday. This is my purpose, my vision.

You need to take action yourself. Find ways to save water every day. For great suggestions and ways you can help go to Blog Action Day 2010.

Polluted Ocean Facts: Death and disease caused by polluted coastal waters costs the global economy $12.8 billion a year. More "Save the Sea" facts.

38,000 Children a Week: Every week, nearly 38,000 children under the age of 5 die from unsafe drinking water and unhygienic living conditions.  More info.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails