Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Let's Get Down to the Art of It!

Here are some photos of a painting I just recently completed for "Art Action Day" (Blog Action Day).


As you can hopefully see from the detailed photos,
it is full of wonderful mixed media!

I used some colorful seed beads along with a super heavy high gloss medium. This stuff takes a while to dry because I apply it with a knife and leave it alone for a few days to achieve these puddles of shiny wonder! I felt this medium appropriate for this piece about water.

My original posting of Blog Action is Art Action Challenge shows the piece before it was dry. The medium goes on white and looks thick and smooth, like paint would. After drying is when the magic happens! Love it!! Hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails